Freelance Culture Writer |GRAZIA, USA | April 2021 – Present
- Develop reported features surrounding culture news, including interviewing actors and performers like Hulu’s “Plan B” star Kuhoo Verma.
- Manage the SEO content on the backend while boosting meta and social media titles for audience engagement.
- Create social media content for platforms like TikTok, highlighting the newest articles on the GRAZIA site.
Freelance Writer | Teen Vogue, Essence | Nov. 2019 – Present
- “How Plus-Size College Students in Tallahassee Shop“
- “Recent College Grads Are Stuck in Coronavirus Limbo“
- “These 15 High School Seniors Are Still Celebrating Prom“
- “HBCU Students: Kamala Harris as Vice President is Inspiring, Complicated“
Freelance Reporter |The Poynter Institute | March 2021 – May 2021
- Researched and reported on the journalists who’ve succumbed to the coronavirus.
- Updated the running list on the poynter.org website and tweet out the deceased journalists names and stories on Twitter.
Audio Producer |WriteLane, Tampa Bay Times | Aug. 2020 – Jan. 2021
- Record weekly episodes for the WriteLane podcast.
- Edit the podcast using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition.
- Upload episodes to the backend of Acast.
Digital Content Producer | Journey magazine | June 2020 – Present
- Lead a team of 20 to write, edit and produce multimedia content for the website and social media channels with over 10,000 viewers.
- Executive produce weekly news and entertainment digital series.
- Write, edit and publish weekly newsletter for Journey’s 100+ subscribers.
Digital Media Intern | MediaWise, Poynter Inst. | May. 2020 – Aug. 2020
- Pitched and wrote articles for Poynter.org, including a column on diversity and inclusion in the newsroom.
- Edited video scripts that were published to the MediaWise social accounts with over 7,000 followers.
- Researched and wrote fact-checks for Youtube, Twitter and Instagram.
On-Air Host | NBC’s Meet The Press | May 2020
- 1 of 3 college journalists selected to premiere on NBC’s Meet The Press: College Roundtable
- Researched and interviewed the Howard University and University of Arizona presidents about their fall reopening plans.
Editor-in-chief | Journey magazine | April 2019 – May 2020
- Lead a team of 6 editors and over 30 staff writers in creative direction, writing, editing and photography.
- Supervise the production of print and digital issues, releasing over 1,000 copies campus-wide.
Multimedia Journalist | FAMU TV 20 Homecoming Special | Aug.- Oct. 2019
- Interviewed alumni, students and wrote a broadcast script for a feature news package.
- Edited packages using Final Cut Pro, that will air in the Homecoming TV Special to over 75,000 homes.
Marketing Analysis Intern | Fearless, Arian Simone | May- Aug. 2019
- Managed social media engagement of over 67,000 followers.
Fashion Intern | Julian Chang | April- June 2019
- Facilitated the visual merchandising of the boutique, while replacing select designs from the atelier.
Editorial Intern | Beauty Within Magazine | June- Aug. 2018
- Interviewed Hector Espinal, the global makeup artist for Fenty Beauty.
- Covered the Spring/Summer New York Fashion Neek.
Editorial Fellow | College Fashionista | Jan.- June 2018
- Wrote about fashion and beauty trends for the CF website that broadcast to over 77,000 followers.
- Created content and vision boards showcasing the CF brand.
Awards & Recognition
- Hearst Journalism Awards: Sports Writing
- Nefertiti Williams Student Journalist of the Year
- Dow Jones News Fund Digital Media Intern selectee
- Society of Professional Journalists: Best Student Publication
- Online News Association HBCU Digital Media Fellowship
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Bootcamp Certificate
- Society of Professional Journalists: Best Page Design, 2nd place
- Florida Print Awards: Award of Excellence
- Online News Association | Student Representative
- Investigative Reporters & Editors
- FAMU’s Warriors Against Rape | 2020-2021 President
- National Association of Black Journalists
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Final Cut Pro
- Logic Pro
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Audition
- Google Analytics
- WordPress SEO
- Social Media Data Analytics
Florida A&M University | B.S. in Journalism | Expected Diploma in May 2021